Tuesday 22 September 2015

Real Madrid keeper Keylor Navas admits crying after Manchester United move broke down

The Costa Rican keeper has started the season in impressive form at the Santiago Bernabeu, after Los Blancos' failed to sign David de Gea in the summer

Dry your eyes mate: Navas has established himself as Madrid's No.1 this term
Keylor Navas has admitted he cried when his deadline-day move to Manchester United collapsed.
The Costa Rican goalkeeper was included as a makeweight in the deal to sell David de Gea to Real Madrid, and had signed all the paperwork before the deal’s infamous collapse.
But Navas, on Spanish radio last night, revealed that he broke down in tears on hearing that he would be able to stay at Real Madrid.
“I cried with my wife,” he told Partido de las 12, “and I needed to cry a little more.”
“With everything that had happened, when I went to bed with my wife I started to think about everything that had happened and it just kind of exploded out.
Helios de la Rubia
Starring role: Navas has impressed in the early weeks of the season
“I didn’t want to leave Madrid.
"Ever since signing for Madrid it was a dream to be here and I never wanted to leave.”
Navas, who has not conceded a goal yet this season and has since broken a club record at the Bernabefor the most consecutive clean sheets, confirmed he didn’t feel used by the club in the De Gea deal, a situation he described as “complicated.”

From UK Mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your opinion on this? Kindly post a Comment...Thank you and God bless