Fashion, trends, creativity, gossip, sport and news
Thursday, 19 November 2015
ABTU student electrocuted in Bauchi
Tragedy struck yesterday at Gwallameji area of Bauchi State, following the electrocution of a 25-year-old student of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Michael Loya.
Vanguard gathered that the student was electrocuted while trying to spread wet clothes on a naked wire in his compound at Gentle Villa, Gwallameji.
But Police Public Relation Officer of Bauchi State command, DSP Haruna Mohammed, who confirmed the incident, said Loya was electrocuted while trying to reconnect electricity illegally in his compound.
He said the Police patrol team attached to Yelwa Division visited the scene and rushed the victim to Federal Polytechnic Medical Centre, Bauchi, for treatment but was certified dead on arrival by a medical doctor.
He stated further that preliminary inquiry revealed that the victim might have been electrocuted while trying to reconnect electricity illegally to his compound.
According to Mohammed, the corpse has been deposited at ATBU Teaching Hospital, mortuary for post-mortem examination. Source: Vanguard